- "Following God’s Man is actually following God."
[Source: That Prophet pg. 11 paragraph 5]
- "The people urgently need to back that one man..."
[Source: That Prophet pg. 18 bottom]
- "Remember, when God places a man in charge, He gives that individual something extra spiritually – an added power to lead God’s people. That places him at an advantage, prompting the people to look to him."
[Source: That Prophet pg. 62 paragraph 4]
- "So it is very important that we all fully support that prophet. But at the same time, deeply understand we are following God, not a man."
[Source: That Prophet pg. 120 paragraph 4]
- "There will be decisions made where we’ll have to know that God is using “the elder.”... I am “the elder” in this end time. How much will you rely on “the elder”?"
[Source:That Prophet pg. 94 paragraphs 9-10, 95 paragraph 1]
Before anyone ever considers joining this man's cult, they should definitely read the information on this site: http://www.pcog.info/
The quotes above stand in sharp contrast to the CLAIMS of Armstrong when he wrote this in the article "Should We Listen to OTHERS?" published in The Good News in May 1960:
In God's Church, we ministers do not tell you what to believe, and command you to believe us, without even looking into your Bible. That is what the Roman Catholic Church does -- but not God's Church. … But suppose, when you study your own Bible, you come across something you feel is contrary to the teaching of the Church? Must you hide your eyes from what you see in your Bible? CERTAINLY NOT! … God's ministers will go into it with you. If you are right -- if you have found any place in the Bible where we are in error, then WE WANT TO KNOW IT. We hate error, and love truth, even though the truth correct and reprove us! Bring it to us. If YOU are wrong, we will patiently show you, and explain it more perfectly to you. If we are wrong, we will correct it BEFORE THE WHOLE CHURCH, so that ALL the Church may, with one mind, believe the TRUTH, and speak the SAME THING!"
All who know the history of Armstrongism know that HWA was speaking softly on such issues, but acted very differently when meeting opposition. Numerous people were summarily disfellowshipped with any of the patience and longsuffering in explaining that they claim was a fruit of the spirit...
All splinters have misapplied this so that they CLAIMED you should "prove all things" (1. Thessalonians 5:21), but once you were "in the flock" you were disfellowshipped if you DARED to think for yourself.
It would seem as though the ministers who did this were doing people a favor because many have afterwards proved all things from a whole new angle... :-)